I took this picture this morning at 9:15 am. I'm holding Kiera as she is napping and trying to take a picture at the same time. Very very tricky.
Kiera had another great day. The nurses are still feeding her through her NG tube and by the end of the day today, Kiera was getting over half the amount of milk that they expect her to consume at each feeding. The increase in milk needs to be slow and steady. Kiera is consuming enough milk that she was taken off of her lipid infusion which I am happy about because this means she has one less tube attached to her. Kiera also is not having anymore pain and so she didn't have any Tylenol today.
I tried to get a picture of Kiera when she was awake and alert but taking a picture of a moving baby while balancing her in one hand is rather tricky. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when Kiera and I can visit with her aunts.
3 comments:
What great news Keith and Brenda! It sounds like she is recovering beautifully ... hooray! The next weeks of her recovery in the hospital will certainly be different for everyone and we will continue to keep you in our prayers. Thanks for the updates!!
Ang and Byron
Message from Hannah: "The baby has to get all better!" :)
(Ang L.)
We're so thankful that Kiera is so strong! Hopefully you're holding up OK too. Our prayers are with you. (Your baby is soooo beautiful!!)
Mike & Vickie
Post a Comment