Sunday, January 17, 2010
January 17, 2010 -- 6:32 pm
Today was and still is a very stressful day. For the most part, Kiera was comfortable and she had several good long naps, but because the medical staff needs to prep her for surgery tomorrow, she needs to have an arterial line. We were able to see her just after that procedure late this afternoon, but Kiera's nurse was not confident that it was a good line. (The picture on the right is one of Kiera just after we arrived and she was keeping her eye on her nurse.)
We were asked to leave again so they could try it again. Not being able to comfort my little one when she's in pain just plain sucks.
This morning Keith and I were also told about what type of methods the surgeons will try to repair Kiera's esophageal atresia. With advances in medical technology, there are so many things that will go right but, we are nervous about the possible problems.
3 comments:
I can't imagine what a difficult time this is for you. I am so sorry that you all have to go through this. You are on our hearts and minds and in our prayers constantly. We will be sure to say extra prayers for you tomorrow and especially for Kiera and the surgeons. We will anxiously await an update. Hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.
Mark, Steph, and family
Kiera is really looking so alert here- what a pretty face! She is in the best possible hands tomorrow and you are surrounded by so many people that care. There are many many prayers surrounding your little one so exhale and focus on holding her soon in your favorite place at home. That might help pass the time a little.
Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! Although I do not know you, I think of you often. Tomorrow is not going to be an easy day. I know how difficult it is to watch the medical staff take your baby girl to go for surgery. Although she will soon be able to eat and have proper nutrition enter her body, you will not feel relief until you are able to see her. Remember she is in amazing hands! I am assuming that she will need to be on a ventilator - this may not be easy to see - but just know that you will soon be able to hold her and feed her. Then one day you will be able to look back on it all and it will seem like a dream, although you will remember it like yesterday.
Thoughts and prayers,
Megan Stepaniuk
Post a Comment