Another day with no progress. Fortunately, Kiera's stoma is not leaking as much anymore or we just have better gauze that keeps it from leaking all over the place during tube feeding. When I clean the area, Kiera is not bothered by it and she sometimes burps through that leaky stoma. It would be funny if I had a sense of humour. Today, I do not.
Unfortunately, Kiera has thrush . . . again! Now, how am I going to keep her from being reinfected at 4.5 months of age?! She is reaching for toys and mouthing everything. So, every toy that she chews on, every blanket that she sucks on will need to go in the wash immediately. Thank goodness I still have some Gentian Violet which should take care of the problem soon. Kiera only has a little bit on the inside of her left corner of her mouth and no where else but I coloured everything in her mouth purple. What a sight!
Kiera was still burping and still vomited today, which indicates to us that her esophagus is still open. Tube weaning is hard, but the thought of tube feeding for months or years is harder. We will carry on with the calorie reduction tomorrow.
Piper and Kiera having fun today. Piper really loves to play with Kiera and Kiera just can't stop looking at Piper.

3 comments:
I wish I could give you the encouragement you deserve to hear. I imagine you are extremely fatigued. A new baby is somewhat stressful in ordinary circumstances, never mind the things your family is having to go through. When you need some kind of help PLEASE let us all know...we are there to help you!
Thank you, Anonymous!
:)
What a lovely sister photo!
Post a Comment