What a day it has been! Kiera is finally back to her smiley self (except not in this picture - too busy concentrating on what Piper was doing). There was a period of time today that she spent with a wonderful home care nurse. It may have been stressful for her at the time but she got a recharged mother back that made her evening so much better. I didn't realize until after the time was up how much I truly needed the break from tube-feeding Kiera and waiting for the vomiting that may or may not happen up to one hour after the tube-feeding. Kiera is not interested in feeding by mouth. Painting purees on the lips is fine, but she doesn't trust her swallow.
Piper and I spent the afternoon visiting one of Piper's (and my) favourite people. We played, glued, coloured, puzzled, and read stories. Then Piper and I had an ice-cream break at "The Hut". Hot fudge sundaes always make everything better. The rest of our 4 hour mother-daughter time was spent grocery shopping and then window shopping. Piper forgot her garage sale earnings to buy a new toy but she enjoyed looking at all her choices. She didn't find exactly what she wanted to spend her money on so she thought that maybe we needed to go to a bigger store sometime. Good idea!
Our community is filled with the most wonderful, warm-hearted people. The meals were wonderful, the chats on the phone or by email are always welcome, and thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated. Thank you to all that have helped us in the past, are helping us now, and will help us in the future.

4 comments:
I am so happy to hear that you got a break! Good for all of you!
Brenda it sounds like you had a much needed break and fun time with Piper! You're right we have a great community filled with caring, capable people. We continue this walk with you!
Wow! I can feel the renewal of strength and energy in your words! I am so glad you had a great time with Piper and could enjoy your much deserved break. So wonderful! I love the pic of Kiera too!
Brenda, just catching up on where Kiera is at. Good job, you guys have learned a lot!!! You are in my prayers and I will be rooting for your family!
Post a Comment