Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another Hospital Stay

Yesterday we sent an email to the doctors detailing how a typical feeding with Keira goes. She is usually sweating, has a painful bowel movement and then falls asleep. Then at some point after the feed she usually vomits and then is happy until the  next feed. Up to this point I guess we had not clearly explained this situation to the doctors, although we thought we had, but I guess putting in in writing got some action. This morning the doctors arranged for Kiera to spend tonight in hospital so they can do some allergy and digestion testing starting first thing Friday morning. They will also check on her stricture to see if it has closed up again. If it has they will likely do a dilatation again at some point while she is there.
The docs have said that she can likely come home for the weekend but may need to go back in on Monday for more testing.
Hopefully they can figure out why feeding is such a traumatic experience for her.

2 comments:

Angela Loeppky said...

Oh Brenda ... this journey is not easy. :( However, it seems like you're in good hands and bit by bit appointment by appointment answers are falling into place. Keep us updated!!

Anonymous said...

Brenda,
This is not an easy road but Keira has parents who care and love her and will fight for her! Good Job, and keep going even when it feels like you can't put one foot in fron of the other. I can trully tell you that in the end what you are doing for her will make a difference. I know what it's like thinking you have explained this and thought everyone understood and you still don't get action, way to keep pushing. It's a rough rocky road but well worth it for our little one's!!!! I am hoping and praying you can get some answers so things are more comfortable for Keira and feeding isn't so traumatic, it's hard to watch day after day your child go through all these things. Please remember your not alone and I am only a phone call or email away!
Cheryl Unrau

Post a Comment