Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kiera weighs in at 18 lbs 15.7 oz

Kiera had a very busy day today.  By noon, she had had a visit from a child development worker who gave her a new "toy" to play with (actually a physiotherapy ball) which she already loves to bounce on and had seen our local family doctor for a quick check-up and weighing.  Kiera has gained almost one pound  and grew 1.5 cm this past month.  We sent those numbers to the feeding clinic today and expect that Kiera will have a new feeding regimen by tomorrow.


After a long restful nap, it was time to head over to the local public health office for the second flu shot.  Kiera did really well and only cried for a few minutes.  Piper cheered her up and five minutes later we were on the road to home.


Piper was my helper today and did really well waiting with Kiera for each appointment.  Piper deserved a special treat so we melted some chocolate and decorated dessert snowmen.  I feel it is important to let Piper know everyday how special she is so that she doesn't feel that Kiera and Kiera's medical routine are more important than she is.  Kiera loves her big sister and Piper loves Kiera and I want them to have a special bond and not resent each other.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Just found you on Hopeful Parents and did a quick tour of the blog. Wow, what a year you've been through. I remember how hard the first year was with my son, who has an "unknown dysmorphic syndrome." I also have an IRL friend whose 2.5 y.o. son has CHARGE, so I have a some sense of the issues you are dealing with from all the research I did for her when he was born. You're doing a great service here for other new parents in similar situations.

I hope year two gets easier.

Brenda Stoesz said...

Thanks for your comment, Michelle. I hope year two will be easier as well. The blog is somewhat therapeutic for me and I hope it does help other families.

Grauntie Cheryl said...

Good work, Mom. I'm positive you will be able to continue encouraging the love of your daughters for each other. Cheryl W.

Post a Comment