There is a lot one can do indoors on a snowy day. Kiera is slowly getting over her cold and spent much of her awake time today chasing after our cat Oliver. Fortunately, Oliver does not mind the attention at all. Kiera is now able to be tube free for 4.5 hours everyday. Tomorrow we will up her feeding pump rate again to try for 5 full hours off of the tube. Kiera is not tolerating the cornstarch as well as we thought she did. She consistently vomits cornstarch when it is pumped into her stomach with formula. But, if we mix it with chicken and vegetable baby food and push the mixture into her g-tube, she tolerates the cornstarch just fine. Fruit and cornstarch works too.
 |
| Kiera loving Oliver and Oliver loving Kiera right back. |
 |
| Cupcake bites recipe can be found at the Bakerella's website. |
Piper and I experimented with making cupcake bites while Kiera played with our cat. I have two talented cake and cakepop making friends that have inspired me to make my own treats. I won't get as fancy as they get but did enjoy the time making these chocolate coated treats with my four-year-old. I dipped the chocolate cake and icing mixture into the purple-coloured chocolate while Piper sprinkled the mini-cupcakes with candy decorations. We had a lot of fun making them but more fun eating them.
1 comment:
Mmmmm! They look yummy! I'm sure Piper had a blast. I am hoping we can have Piper over sometime soon. We'll have to chat and set up a "date". And YAY! for Kiera! You must be happy with her progress!
Post a Comment