Monday, August 8, 2011

Tube weaning . . . continues

Kiera Grey Stoesz - 19 months
I decided it was time to give everyone an update on how Kiera is doing.  I don't have time for the full update tonight and I'm not even sure that anyone is reading this blog anymore.  The full story of the past few months will be coming but for tonight I'll say that we have an eater.  Kiera is doing really well eating and drinking, although she is still getting 1/4 of her recommended calories via g-tube.  Freeing her from 24-h continuous feeds has changed her life and our life and then reducing her feeds to make her hungry was another freeing step as it meant that the amount of time that she spends "hooked up" is down to just 5 hours per day.  Here is a picture of Kiera getting ready to climb up the stairs.  She is a real pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment